Saint Mary’s Regional Medical Center provides a range of services to the northern Nevada region, including a full-service heart and vascular institute, women’s and children’s services, hospice and palliative care and a multi-specialty medical group. Saint Mary’s strives to provide comprehensive, quality healthcare in a compassionate and cost-effective manner. Saint Mary’s is home to the first accredited Breast Center and the first Joint Commission-Certified Palliative Care Program in Nevada. It is the only medical center in northern Nevada designated as a Lymphedema Treatment Center.
The hospital began as Saint Mary’s Academy, founded by Dominican Sisters in 1877. The school turned into Sisters’ Hospital in 1908, and the sisters established a training school for nurses. In 1912, the hospital was renamed Saint Mary’s Hospital and grew to include more than 10 health care facilities throughout the region.
In 2008, Saint Mary’s partnered with Reno CyberKnife to provide the first and only CyberKnife® program in northern Nevada.
Saint Mary’s CEO Helen Lidholm was profiled in the Reno Gazette-Journal for her role in the hospital’s recent improvements.
We are so honored to be affiliated with such an accomplished hospital!